Today we have a BRIGHT, colorful color challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! Hopefully it will put you in a SPRING mood…although we got dumped on with 6-7 inches of snow yesterday! This weekend it is supposed to be in the 50s! Ohio weather for you!!!
And here is my bright and colorful card using Secret Garden and the framelits…LOVE that bundle! I admit that I had to use a splash of green for the leaves…they looked naked without them! lol!
Here are the details:
- Base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Very Vanilla, folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a 5 x 3 3/4 layer of Print Poetry Designer Stack Paper in the polka dot print.
- Next is a 1 1/4 x 5 1/4" strip of Summer Starfruit cardstock, stamped with the You Are Simply Wonderful greeting from Friendly Phrases with Raspberry Ripple Ink.
- I stamped two flowers with Raspberry Ripple Ink on Primrose Petals cardstock, then stamped again with Raspberry Ripple ink on Raspberry Ripple cardstock for the centers. I used the Framelits for the large flowers and hand-cut the centers to place over them. I also stamped the 5 petal flower with Always Artichoke Ink on Lucky Limeade cardstock and cut with the Framelits for the leaves, then cut two petals off for each flower. They were popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and placed on the front.
- I added pearls to the centers of the flowers (I see one got lost before the photo! lol!)
This card came together pretty quickly and I really like how it looks! The Secret Garden Bundle makes it SO easy! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge Team did this week! Lots of inspiration for you! Then grab your stamps and play along!