I know!!! I've totally been a BAD blogger the past few days. I know!!! We just seem to have a LOT going on right now. And, Convention will be here before you know it. I have actually been stamping…a lot! I'm still working on a few of the organized swaps I signed up for. The 3D one in particular is for a new group I joined and I just can't settle on WHAT I what I want to make. Having no reference for what they have already done is unsettling for me! lol! I know I've been dreaming about it. Plus, we thought we might have to make a quick trip out to see Carter before Convention, so I was scrambling to get as much as I could done. I've also been very busy with RIBBON SHARES…check out details to order here. I'm mailing out a big bunch that are cut and wrapped today…and will need to reorder ribbon this week! So, feel free to email me with your order!
So, I have a card I put together for a challenge…but I couldn't find which challenge, so I'm sharing it anyway! It uses Simply Stars stamp set, one of the sets we are featuring this week on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013! I know you've read it, but this session has been particular FUN and filled with projects that you can use in classes and for gifts. Quite a variety that we know you'd love! AND…these projects are good ALL YEAR ALONG because they use products from the new big catalog! Makes it really nice an easy to plan your classes! It's not too late to join! For only $24.95 US, you get 24 step by step photo tutorials! That's a little over $1 each! We are just in the middle of Week 3…but you can refer back to any of our projects 24/7!
The Birthday Basics designer paper has a lot of fun colors in it. I needed a masculine birthday card for a young man, so thought this was colorful and fun!
- The base is 4 1 4 x 11 of Real Red, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Very Vanilla.
- Along the right side is a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of Birthday Basics DSP. I punched the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch with a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and used it as a trim along the right side of the DSP before I added it to the front of the card.
- I stamped the greeting from the new set, Remembering Your Birthday in Real Red ink on Very Vanilla, then cut with the Oval Framelit. I also added the next size of Oval, cut from Bermuda Bay as a mat for it, then popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The stars were stamped in Summer Starfruit and Real Red (TIP: if you kept your Stampin' Up! star punches from a couple years ago, they punch these perfectly! If not, they are easy to cut out.) and I added them to the top and bottom of the ovals.
- Finally, I added some Bermuda Bay Candy Dots…love them!!! They add just a perfect finishing touch and are pretty flat so no worries about mailing them, too!
Isn't this a fun card for a birthday?