I made this card for a New Catalog swap that I participated in last month. I won’t tell you how long this card took to put together…the layout just wasn’t coming together with the diamond ring as I saw in my head! FINALLY, got it to work…and I love the result!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Soft Sky was embossed with the new Oh My Stars embossing folder and adhered to the front.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Pick A Pattern Designer Paper was placed down the right side with a 1/8 x 5-1/2 strip of Silver Glimmer Paper on top.
- Using the 2 and 2-1/4 Circle Punches, I made a ring cut from Silver Metallic cardstock.
- The greeting from Beautiful Bouquet was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and punched with the 2-1/4 Circle Punch, then adhered behind the silver ring. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The solid diamond was cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper with the Eclectic Layers Thinlits and the outline diamond was cut from Silver Glimmer Paper. They were adhered together with Tombow Multipurpose Glue and added to the ring on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Isn’t this a fun engagement or wedding card? One of my customers loved it so much she wanted to make it for her daughter who just got engaged. What can you do with the New Product theme this week? Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team for SUO Challenges did this week with this theme! I’m sure they will have some great ideas!