Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an avid College Football fan, especially the Ohio State Buckeyes! This idea is the first thing I thought when I saw the Quilt Bundle suite in the Holiday Catalog…a Buckeye star quilt! I’ve got a couple different versions that I’ll show after the recipients get them…but here is one that I made for this challenge.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate, the letters from the Labeler Alphabet spell out “Go Bucks!” with Memento Black Ink.
- On the left side is a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Basic Black, with a 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Whisper White on top. Then a 3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Quilted Christmas Designer Paper on top.
- I cut the largest Layering Circle from Basic Black and popped it up on the front.
- The quilt star from Christmas Quilt was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black outline, Real Red and Smoky Slate fill the insides, then cut with the Quilt Builder Stitched Star Framelit Die (you have to look closely). I think the stitching marks just finish it off. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- In the center is a Clear Faceted Gem.
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team for SUO Challenges did this week with this theme! I’m sure they will have some great ideas!