The theme this time on SUO Challenges is “Spring Has Sprung”. With the recent cold snap, I’m REALLY wishing that spring was already here in Ohio! Soon! So, I thought I’d use my Tranquil Tulips stamp set to celebrate spring. My mom always had gardens of tulips around their house when I was growing up!
Doesn’t that look like spring? I love the color yellow…my grand-daughter and I had a recent conversation about colors. My favorite has been yellow for a LONG time! Hers has been pink! lol! I also combined this challenge with an anniversary card that I needed for my in-laws.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Sky, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Paper was placed along the left side.
- The 3-1/4 x 4-1/2 Whisper White was stamped with the stems in Old Olive, the solid blossom with So Saffron and the darker blossom in Crushed Curry. Inside are the black stamens.
- The Whisper White was layered on a 3-3/8 x 4-5/8 piece of Tranquil Tide cardstock, then added to the front.
- Happy Anniversary from Best Birds was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Tailored Tag Punch, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUOC Designers to see what they have done with the Spring Has Sprung theme.
Thanks for stopping by!