The SUO Challenge this time is using Texture on your card! I used mittens and my background to add the texture on my card! The colors remind me of a pair I have in my coat closet right now! I'm certainly not ready to pull them out yet, though. lol!
The details on my card:
- Base card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, folded in half.
- I ran a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White thru the Big Shot with the Houndstooth Folder.
- The 3 squares of Snow Festival Designer Paper are 1 1/2 x 1 3/4.
- I punched the mittens from Cherry Cobbler, then embossed with the Square Lattice Folder.
- I stamped the mitten image from Make A Mitten stamp set in Baja Breeze, then cut off the cuff and added the top of the mitten to the Cherry Cobbler punched ones.
- I "tied" the pairs together with some Cherry Cobber Bakers Twine.
- Finally, the greeting is from Family Reunion, stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Baja Breeze cardstock.
I think it gave me the look of layered texture that I wanted! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges, then play along! Our Top 3 is going to win BLOG CANDY…their choice of an embossing folder!