The challenge over on Stampin' Up! Only Challenges is an "Elegant Autumn" card. When I was thinking "elegant", I thought of flowers…mums…and pulled out my Blooming with Kindness stamp set.
I wanted to use a couple colors of ink on the image to make them natural looking. I chose More Mustard and Cajun Craze…almost the colors of my fall mums out front of the house!
- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Cajun Craze folded in half to make base card.
- 4 x 5 1/4 checked print from Orchard Harvest DSP.
- 3 1/2 x 4 piece of Very Vanilla.
- I inked up the Blooming with Kindness flower with More Mustard, then used a Sponge Dauber to apply Cajun Craze ink around randomly, then stamped. Repeated two more times.
- I added 1/4 x 4" strips of Champagne Glimmer Paper along each side of the Very Vanilla and adhered to the front of the card.
- A double bow of Linen Thread tied inside the Bronze Button
- 3/4 x 3" strip of More Mustard, stamped with Warmest Wishes in the same set, with Cajun Craze ink, cut a flag end.
- Add greeting and button to front of card with Mini Glue Dots!
So, I think it is "elegant"…what about you? Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team creations over on SUO Challenges and play along!