Over on SUO Challenge this time, it's all about GO GREEN! I was kicking myself when the only current St. Patrick's Day stamp I could find that I had was the little shamrock in Every Little Bit (or the teeny tiny one in Itty Bitties!) But…then I thought the owl would look cute dressed up in St. Patrick's Day finery! So…here he is! Can you tell what I used for the hat????
I actually LOVE how this turned out!!! Love the two shades of green, even though they probably SHOULD clash, they work together nicely for this card! Here are the details!
- Started with a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Garden Green cardstock, folded in half to make base card.
- Added a layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White over top.
- Next is a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles polka dot Designer Paper.
- I wrapped the Old Olive Striped Ribbon around and tied on the front towards the left side.
- I used the shamrock image from Every Little Bit in Basic Black randomly over top of the DSP. Really personalized it, didn't it?
- I cut the 3rd from smallest Window Frame from Garden Green, then added a 2 1/2" Circle punched from Whisper White cardstock.
- For the Owl: I punched the owl from Basic Black cardstock, the vest from the same Polka Dot DSP. The eyes were 3/8" Circles of Whisper White with 1/4" Circles of Garden Green on top, then the Basic Black pupils. I also punched a 3/8" of Basic Black, cut it in half, and added the eyelids to his eyes. The heart is from Garden Green cardstock, too.
- For the Hat: I punched the Small Oval from Lucky Limeade, then punched the opening again (not the punched piece)…that made my hat brim, I trimmed off the excess points on the end. Then I punched the Petite Curly Punch from Lucky Limeade, and cut off diagonal slivers on each side so it looked tapered. I did the same with Basic Black for the hat band as I did for the brim, just trimming it at the sides of the hat! Finally, a Rhinestone jewel in the center of the hatband!
- The owl is added to the front of the Whisper White circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped Happy St. Patrick's Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Basic Black on Lucky Limeade and punched with the Modern Label Punch. It's placed under the Owl feet so he is standing on it!
Hope you like him…I do! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team on SUO Challenges…then grab your GREEN and play along!