It's time for the SUO Challenge...this time we were challenged to use our Big Shot! Can be dies, folders…anything that uses one of our dies or folders. So grab yours and play along! You know you want to!
For my card, I used a combination of two different framelit sets…the Apothecary Accents and the Oval Framelits. Love the look it made framing the inside flower! I liked this layout so well, I made up another one using this set that you'll see later! lol! I am also thinking that I'll use the layout for my Fiji Swap cards…I need to make 25 of them and it does use a lot of Designer Paper…so we'll see! I have another set in mind to use for the inside.
Here are the details:
- The base is Calypso Coral (I know…it looks Tangerine Tango here!), cut to 4 1/4 x 11 and folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Tea for Two Designer Paper in the green print pattern.
- I cut the Apothecary Accent Framelit from Calypso Coral and cut out the larger Oval Framelit inside. TIP: You can do both at the same time!
- I also cut a smaller Oval from Very Vanilla to fit inside.
- I pierced around the edges of the Apothecary Accent with the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. It is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I used Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade Markers to ink up the flower image in Oh Hello! and stamped on the Very Vanilla Oval. It is placed inside the Accent cutout with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added a little piece of Calypso Coral Ribbon, tied in a knot with a Mini Glue Dot.
- I stamped With Love from Field Flowers with Early Espresso on a 1/2" scrap of Lucky Limeade, cut the flag end and added it to the front.
- Finally, I embellished with a trio of pearls at the top and bottom of the Accent and at the base of the flower.
I love how it turned out! I think this will be my mom's Mother's Day card this year. Hope she isn't looking!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges and come play along with us! We have some NEW faces this week, too!