The theme this week over on SUO Challenges is a farewell to the retiring sets! I grabbed one of my favorites, Greeting Card Kids, to feature! I've always had fun watercoloring these images. With school ending, I also thought the little boy/girl image would be perfect to give a teacher as an end-of-the-year thank you card!
I also used some leftovers from the retiring Pinwheels on Parade Scrappin' Kit! Here are the details!
- The base card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Midnight Muse cardstock, folded in half to make base card.
- I added a 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 piece of Summer Starfruit print and 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 piece of pinwheel multi print from the Pinwheels on Parade Scrappin' Kit. In between the two, I added the stripped ribbon sticker from the kit.
- I cut the oval from Whisper White with the Oval Framelits, then stamped the boy/girl image with Black Stazon on top. I used my Markers in Real Red, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse and Baja Breeze and AquaPainter to color in the image. To make the green, I combined the blue and yellow colors!
- I cut one of the Decorative Label shaped stickers in half and placed on each side of the Oval, then popped up only the oval with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added the Baja Breeze print Oval Label from the Kit to the top right, then stamped the Teacher greeting from Family Reunion (also retiring!) in Midnight Muse ink on scrap Summer Starfruit and cut flag ends.
So sweet…what teacher wouldn't like this card??? I love the prints in this Kit, too! I still have a little over 1/2 kit left…need to use it up!
Make sure to check out what the other members of the Design Team did this week over on SUO Challenges with their favorite retiring stamp sets!