Today is the SUO Challenge and when I saw the Back to School theme for this week, I thought…uh oh…I don't have ANY school theme stamp sets. Now, I know I could have done thank you or flowers or something similar, but I really wanted a SCHOOL theme! And what says "school"? How about school buses? I've seen a flurry of activity in the bus lot recently as they prepare the buses for back to school. Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did this week with the back to school theme!
So…here is my attempt at a "punch art" bus! It really was funny that I had a scrap of the Crushed Curry sitting in my scrap box that had been punched with the Petite Curly Label punch. It looked like windows…so I set out to use it on my bus.
- The 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Smoky Slate cardstock is folded in half to make the base card.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Soft Sky cardstock for the background.
- I layered on a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of Pear Pizzazz Paper Stack Designer Paper across the bottom, then added the Epic Day Washi Tape for the "road".
- On the Crushed Curry rectangle with Petite Curly Label punches, I added fenders sponged with Crushed Curry ink and then circle wheels with Vintage Trinket hubcaps.
- The "stop sign" is from the Little Labels Punch Pack from Real Red and I added a rhinestone jewel in the center.
- The headlight is a 1/2 circle of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- I handcut the trunk for the tree out of Early Espresso cardstock, then added 7/8" Scallop Circles punched from the same Pear Pizzazz DSP.
- I stamped Rev Up the Fun in Basic Black on Whisper White and cut the flag end. It is added to the top of two fluffy clouds punched with the Cupcake punch from Whisper White.
OK…do you think it represents Back to School? My DIL was just telling me at dinner last night that she only has 2 more weeks before she goes back to teaching! Summer is going by FAST!
Again, make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges!