The challenge on SUO Challenges this week is to use our Favorite Sentiment. Well, that is hard, I have a LOT of favorite sentiments! But, I had pulled out the stamp set, Evergreen (on the carryover list and still available to order!) to do a card for Stamp Club last month and it was still sitting out. I have always loved the holiday song, Silent Night. I think it is awesome how Stampin' Up! incorporated the verses into a tree shape that two-step images over the base tree in this Evergreen Stamp Set.
I knew I wanted to use the chevron pattern in Season of Style Designer Paper and cut out the pattern to go across my card. And, of course, a little bling with the Champange Glimmer Paper. Here are the details:
- The 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Crumb Cake is folded in half to make the base.
- I cut a 2" strip of Season of Style DSP, then cut the chevron angles across the top and bottom, then added it to the front of a 3" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- I used a 1/4" strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper across the bottom seam.
- Next I wrapped the Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon around and tied a pretty bow, then placed that on the base card.
- I stamped the tree from Evergreen with stamped off Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White, and used Cherry Cobbler for the Silent Night words on top, then cut it with the Ovals Framelits. Of course, I had to "ground" the tree with a little Old Olive watercolored along the bottom. Can't have a floating tree, can we?
- I added a Champagne Glimmer Paper Star at the top to balance the bling.
Hope you like my non-traditional tree card! Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did with this Favorite Sentiment theme over on SUO Challenges!