This challenge this time over on SUO Challenges is Non-Traditional Christmas Cards! Wow…this one really stumped me for a little while. BUT…once I got started, I ended up doing several cards to post over the rest of the week! This one was the first one I did and I love the colors for the Wonderful Wreath! I can remember my grandma having a pink frilly wreath on her door!
I combined Strawberry Slush and Pink Pirouette for this whimsical card! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pink Pirouette cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Strawberry Slush cardstock.
- I embossed 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder and placed it on top.
- I inked up the Wonderful Wreath stamp with Pink Pirouette ink, then used my Strawberry Slush marker and colored some of the leaves, then stamped it on Whisper White cardstock.
- I cut around the outside and inside of the wreath and added Rhinestone Jewels randomly around it, then placed it on the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I also stamped the reindeer from Warmth & Wonder stamp set in Strawberry Slush ink and cut him out. He was placed in the center of the wreath with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a small pearl for his eye.
- I stamped Christmas Greetings from the same Warmth & Wonder stamp set with Black Stazon on Pink Pirouette strip and cut flag ends, then tucked it under the legs of the reindeer across the wreath.
- I tied a double loop bow from White Strip Organdy Ribbon and placed on the front top of the wreath with Mini Glue Dots.
So…what do you think? It really brings back memories for me! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team for their non-traditional Christmas card ideas!