Happy New Year's Eve! We don't have much going on…we like to stay off the roads as much as possible. Plus, we are having our Christmas with my grandson on New Year's Day, so I'll be busy making food and getting ready!
We have a fun challenge this week over on SUO Challenges…our interpretation of January colors! Wow…that is BROAD and was a little hard for me to narrow down. And, I am a little tired of using blues and snowflakes! But, I happen to think of dusk and snow cover and how pretty that time of evening looks…so I choose Eggplant Envy, Smoky Slate, Silver and Whisper White for my January color scheme! I combined that with the new Occasions set, Starburst Sayings and matching Starburst Framelits!
This definitely has a retro feel with all the circles…here's what I did!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Elegant Eggplant, folded in half to make base card.
- I cut a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of Silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum and layered on a 2 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White, then adhered it to the right side.
- I stamped Oh Happy Day in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White, then used the Circle Framelit to cut it out. It is layered on Smoky Slate Starburst Framelit.
- I cut another smaller Starburst Framelit with Silver Glimmer Paper and the smallest from Elegant Eggplant cardstock.
- I also stamped the small Starburst image with Smoky Slate and cut with the smallest Framelit.
- Each of the smaller Starbursts were tucked in between the layers of the larger one.
- To finish it off, I used a Basic Silver Button tied with Whisper White Bakers Twine.
This card really has a lot of shimmer and shine with all the reflective surfaces! I love how it turned out! I won't tell you that I tweaked and tweaked and TWEAKED this card MULTIPLE times until I was happy with it! My creativity was a little slow when I worked on this! lol!
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Team to see what they did this time over on SUO Challenges!