Today our theme was One Layer Cards (embellishments ok) over on SUO Challenges! Now…you know me and that is a REAL challenge for me! I just don't DO one layer! Comes from being in so many swaps over the years that require more than one layer! lol! But…I thought this turned out pretty good…and even gives the illusion of more than one layer with the scored edges! I also rounded the bottom corners for a more interesting look.
I've been doing more and more watercoloring with markers this way. I'll first watercolor the image, then after it dries, I go back with the marker along the edges. The AquaPainter lightens the watercolored centers and the straight on marker darkens the edges…I love the contrast!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I scored the edges all around the front of the card at 1/4 and 1/2 to create a double line all around.
- I stamped the So Very Grateful flower image with Black Stazon in the lower left corner, then Watercolored with my AquaPainter and Real Red, Crushed Curry, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive and Gumball Green Markers.
- So Sorry is from the So Sorry greeting stamp set and I stamped it in Black Stazon, too.
- Finally, I finished the center of the flowers with small Pearls.
I think it works great for a one-layer card, don't you? Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did over on SUO Challenges!