We started PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection 2013…did you see the Guest Designer introductions yesterday? We have a wonderful lineup for you this time in the Fall Collection and we are excited to get started! Be watching all week…we are giving away SEVEN FREE subscriptions to our Fall Collection…just for leaving a comment on that person's blog!
Today, Mary Brown has a wonderful FREE TUTORIAL and some BLOG CANDY for you over on Create with Connie and Mary, you are going to LOVE her darling project. It's a "second use" for something in the Holiday Catalog and I know you will want to see it and make one (or two!) for yourself! In honor of her project, I took a couple elements on her project and used them on my card today with Stampin' Up!'s Truly Grateful stamp set! When you compare the two of them, I think you'll see what I did!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Chocolate Chip cardstock folded in half to make the card.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake with the new Stylish Stripes folder.
- I added some strips of Sweater Weather Designer Paper across the front and cut flag ends. I also stamped the Truly Grateful greeting with Pumpkin Pie ink on Very Vanilla strip and added it on top.
- Next I wrapped the Linen thread around a couple times, then added a Naturals Designer Button and tied a bow inside. I secured it with a Mini Glue Dot.
- For my pumpkin, I cut 3 of the next to smallest Ovals in the Oval Framelits. I used Pumpkin Pie Ink and stamped the chevron image in Truly Grateful over them (thanks Mary!)…it adds so much texture to them!
- I cut a free-form stem from the DSP and then a curly cue strip to curl from the top of the pumpkin. The leaf is the Small Heart punched from Gumball Green and tucked under the top of the Pumpkin.
LOVE this card!!! Hope you like it, too!
It is time for EARLY BIRD SPECIAL on our wonderful FALL COLLECTION featuring the NEW HOLIDAY and regular Stampin' Up! CATALOGS!!!! Only $19.95 US…a $5 savings off the regular $24.95 US price!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!