Yesterday I showed you the decorative charger plate gifts that I made for my husband's direct reports. If you missed it…see them HERE! I hope they enjoy showing them off in their homes for the holidays. I've had several people ask me what are charger plates? Charger plates are decorative and usually placed under the dinner plate on a formal place setting. Since they are larger, they show off the rim of the charger plate and are normally colorful to offset the white plate that caterers normally use. Mine were a red metallic finish on plastic…perfect for decorating since inside the rim is plain.
But, I didn't show you the invitation that was sent to each of my husband's direct reports inviting them to our home for the holiday party.
Here are the details:
- The base card is 41/4 x 11 of Lucky Limeade cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" strip of Candlelight Christmas Designer Paper across the middle of the front card.
- Next I added a 1/2 x 4 1/4" strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper along the bottom of the DSP…it really adds a LOT of sparkle!
- I cut a Label Framelit from Very Vanilla (second from smallest) and stamped the pine needle image twice with Lucky Limeade Ink.
- On scrap Very Vanilla, I stamped the outline poinsettia image in Black Stazon, then the inside with Real Red Ink. I also stamped the pinecone center with Early Espresso Ink (stamped off first), then the outline full strength Early Espresso Ink. Both of those were cut out and placed on top of the pine needle image with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Before I placed it on the front of the card, I spritzed the Label Framelit with Gold Glow Smooch Spray for extra shimmer. When dry, the label was added to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added the tiny Pearls to the center of the poinsettia image.
- Finally, I added the You're Invited (retired Sincere Salutations) greeting to the front.
I received lots of compliments at the party for these invitations. I thought they turned out pretty!
Lots to do today. I finished my cards last night so they will go in the mail today. I need to pull out all the gifts I purchased so far and do inventory of what I've already purchased and what I still need. Then I'd like to start wrapping! Oh, need to go pick up a turkey for Christmas dinner, too!
Hope you are finding time to enjoy the spirit of the Christmas and Holiday season!