Wow…can you believe it? We are at the end of our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection! It has been quite the HIT based on the number of comments we've gotten from everyone! Hope you joined us. Remember that our website will be up for over a year, so you can refer back to the cards and projects until then!
Our last challenge is just for the Design Team, so we hope you like the last bit of inspiration for our MARVELOUS team! It's a nice, BRIGHT color challenge!
I must admit that I absolutely ADORE my card!!! It turned out just like it was in my head when I started! I wanted to create a vase of flowers using Stampin' Up!'s Petite Petals. Can you tell what I used for the vase???? I colored my Pearls with a Black Sharpie so they really POP! I'm hoping that the new Blendabilities will color the Pearls, too! Can't wait to try!
Here the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Bermuda Bay cardstock, folded in half.
- I added 1 x 5 1/2 and a 1/2 x 5 1/2 strips of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper on each side.
- In the center I added a 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 panel of Basic Black and rounded the top corners.
- At the bottom of the Basic Black, I added a strip of Bermuda Bay that I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch. Then in each scallop I added a Pearl that was colored with the Black Sharpie.
- The vase…drumroll please…I cut the Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Print from Kaleidoscope DSP using the Apothecary Accent piece and off the loop at the bottom, then cut it right above the loops on the widest part of the center! Pretty convincing for a vase, huh?
- I stamped the flowers with Crushed Curry and punched out, then cheated and added a few Gumball Green leaves…cause they just needed them!
- I cut two strands of Whisper White Bakers Twine and tied a bow, then placed it on the vase with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- In the center, I added more black Pearls.
- Finally, I stamped Wish Big from A Dozen Thoughts in Black Stazon on a scrap of Whisper White, cut the flag end and tucked it under the side of the flowers and vase.
Again, I LOVE how this turned out!!! But go check out the rest of the fabulous ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary!!!