I couldn't resist the Clean & Simple sketch challenge today, CAS199, over on Splitcoaststampers! And, I'm pretty amazed that I did make it clean and simple! Would be easy to start your holiday cards now using this idea AND get them done in plenty of time to mail!
This little penguin in No Peeking has definitely captured my heart! In fact, the whole set is just absolutely darling!
Here are the details!
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 Baja Breeze folded in half.
- I layered on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White.
- I cut a 3/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper and placed along the left side.
- I added a 1 1/4 x 4 piece of Snow Festival Designer Paper in the snowflake print horizontally across the front.
- I cut a 1 3/4" x 4 piece of Whisper White and placed the top in the back of the 2 1/2" Circle punch to round.
- I stamped the Penguin on scrap Whisper White in Black Stazon and Real Red, cut out the hat and scarf from the red and placed on the black.
- I did the nose in Pumpkin Pie the same way.
- I added a 1/4 x 1 3/4" of Silver Glimmer for the "ground" under the penguin's feet.
- The penguin and background are both popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and placed on the front of the card on a diagonal.
- Finally, I stamped Merry Christmas from Petite Pairs in Real Red.
Although I cut the penguin out for dimension, you definitely wouldn't have it do that step. It would look just as nice stamped directly on the rounded piece!
Lots of stamping to do today…invitations for a Christmas party, a little gift for my Club members, some challenges and cards for my blog this week! Stop on back!