Over on The Paper Players, they have a fun sketch this week that I wanted to use for one of my Easter cards. I am just LOVING this little single stamp, Ears to You…only available until the end of March! My Easter cards will be done using this set. My Stamp Club made a version of this card for their club card earlier this month! I switched things up so it followed the sketch.
The bright colors on this card gives me hope that spring will eventually get here. Not this week as we are expected to get more ice and snow…boo! I took my colors from the Birds of a Feather Designer Paper…who knew that the eggs would be perfect for Easter. AND…there are some cute chicks on one of the patterns, too!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Primrose Petals cardstock, folded in half. I embossed the front with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I added a 2 x 5" strip of the egg pattern from Birds of a Feather DSP and then a 1" strip of the yellow polka dot pattern in the same package. Plus, I used the SAB Island Indigo Ribbon as a little extra shimmer!
- I inked up the bunnies in Ears to You in Summer Starfruit, Island Indigo and Primrose Petals with my Stampin' Write Markers and stamped on Whisper White.
- I cut both the Whisper White and Crumb Cake with the Oval Framelits and pierced around the Crumb Cake one.
- I added a pearl to the center bunny's tail!
- Happy Easter was stamped with Island Indigo on Summer Starfruit and punched with the Modern Label Punch, then added across the bottom of the ovals.
Yep…I love it! Such a cheerful card! Perfect for Easter, don't you think?
Remember…I just listed more RETIRED STAMPS AND ACCESSORIES for sale! Check them out HERE!