Wow! I'm sure you've all heard the NEWS by now! New COLOR REFRESH and FREE SHIPPING on ANYTHING in the main and Spring catalogs from April 6-8, 2013! Make sure you order the RETIRING colors before they go away…cardstock, ink refills, and any accessories are while supplies last! You can email me (I'll have orders going in each day), or order online yourself!
But, I am excited that some of our "older" In Colors are coming back into the regular line! AND…we are finally getting a new light shade of gray to replace Going Grey that went away several years ago! Seeing these fresh new colors makes me anxious to see the NEW In colors! Only a couple more weeks!
Today I'm sharing a card I actually did a while ago for one of the Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenges…but I switched it out to another card with a holiday theme and never used this one! For the Birds is one of the stamp sets that I featured in the new Card "Create"tions for All Occasions! So, this is like a BONUS card for you if you've joined already! If not…why not??? See all the details of what you'll get below!
I think this is PERFECT for spring…the birds are certainly chirping around here…and those mama robins are SOOOO fat! lol! Today's CASology Card Challenge is the keyword UP! I think the message here is uplifting support, don't you?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Lucky Limeade cardstock, folded in half (and I'm sad they didn't keep this fun color…sniff, sniff)
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 Daffodil Delight cardstock, run thru the Big Shot with the Houndstooth folder.
- I cut a 1 1/2 x 5 piece of Floral District Designer Paper and layered it on a 1 3/4 x 5 piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock. I slanted it across the front of the Daffodil Delight layer and trimmed off the excess on the sides.
- I wrapped the White Taffeta Ribbon around on the front and tied a bow, then adhered that element to the front of the card base.
- I stamped the For the Birds image with Black Stazon on Whisper White, then cut with the Labels Framelits. I watercolored with my AquaPainter and Stampin' Write Markers in Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Lucky Limeade.
- I layered this Label on another Label Framelit of Tangerine Tango cardstock and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I punched the Boho Blossom Punch with Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White, layered the sizes together and added a Lucky Limeade Polka Dot Brad to the center and attached to the front of the card.
I love it…so cheerful and uplifting! Would definitely cheer someone UP to receive this in the mail, right?
And, don't forget! We are JUST getting started over on Create with Connie and Mary for the NEW Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs! We have TWO FREE Preview Projects over there for you to see what we are all about and to download the Project Sheets!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* Runs daily March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and DIRECTIONS!
* 24/7 access up to a year
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining Mary Brown and Connie Babbert!
Get more details and join the fun over on Create with Connie and Mary!