I just recently purchased Stampin' Up!'s stamp set, Look Up to Father, and couldn't wait to use it! I'm fortunate to have both my father and my father-in-law still with us. I'll be using this set for my Father's Day cards this year. I used the sketch from this week's Technostampers Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! I haven't played along in SOOOO long!
Here's my take on the sketch. I purposely kept it simple and without embellishments. I had debated on a button, but thought it looked more masculine without and I didn't want to cover up any of the Designer Paper.
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Soft Suede folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Pistachio Pudding Venetian Romance Designer Paper to the front.
- I first inked up the Look up to Father image with Pistachio Pudding ink. I colored the tree trunk with the Early Espresso Marker and then used Wild Wasabi, Garden Green and Always Artichoke Markers and the Thumping Technique to get the variety of colors on the leaves and grass, then stamped it on a 3 x 4 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- I layered the Very Vanilla on a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of Wild Wasabi and placed on the front.
- Across it, I used the Soft Suede pattern in Venetian Romance DSP package in a 3 7/8 x 1" size.
- I stamped the words again from Look Up to Father with Soft Suede ink on a strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock, then cut flag ends.
- At the last minute, I punched some Soft Suede chevrons with the Chevron Punch and added them at the top…I thought it balanced the Soft Suede color on the front.
So…what do you think? I love how it turned out…just like what was in my head! lol!
SALE-A-BRATION ends March 31st! Get a FREE product with every $50 you spend! Order ONLINE now!
40% off Stampin' Up! ADHESIVE SALE going on now! See here for more DETAILS!