Hmmm, sorry…this is posting later than normal! I had the BEST of intentions of getting up this morning and working up a quick card to post on my blog. BUT…I was tempted by a book I'm reading that only had a few chapters left. I got too tired last night to finish it before I went to bed, so grabbed it this morning and finished! It is the third book in a series of six and I'm already panicking because I'm half way thru them and I love the story line! (And because I know I'll get asked…it is called "A Fatal Series" by Marie Force…a murder mystery/romance theme…lol!)
But…enough of that! Here's my card for today. I did up a similar card for a Set Sampler event that I attended in December. I needed to make up two cards using the Oh Hello stamp set and I wanted to show the stamps in a different way on one card. The oval screamed Easter Egg to me. When I saw the Paper Players sketch (PP130), I thought it would be a good time to use the Easter Egg and Chick!
So…here is this version using the sketch!
- The base card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 So Saffron, folded in half.
- The layer of Whisper White is 4 x 5 1/4, embossed with the Honeycomb folder
- I added a 2 1/2 x 3 7/8" of Tea for Two Designer Paper, I cut the right edge along the edges of the hexagons…but that didn't effect show up in the finished card.
- Along the left side, I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch with a strip of Calypso Coral cardstock and tucked it under the edge of the DSP.
- I wrapped some Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon around the Whisper White layer and tied a knot.
- I stamped the oval from Oh Hello with Calypso Coral on Whisper White and cut it with a smaller Oval than the image. Then cut it in half like a cracked shell, placing a Mini brad along the edge for a hinge. It is layered it on a larger oval of Calypso Coral cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Next I used the Bird Punch with So Saffron cardstock and cut the body to place inside the egg. I added a small pearl for the eye and colored the beak with Pumpkin Pie Marker.
- Finally, I stamped Happy Easter from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Calypso Coral ink on 1/2 x 3" So Saffron of cardstock.
Do you like??? I do!
It's not too late! We are just starting Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary for the Spring Edition 2013 and our designers are showing off LOTS of fun projects! Why don't you join us? At a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step tutorials…that's just a little over $1 each! We are featuring products in the Spring Mini and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Our website stays up over a year, so you can refer back to them 24/7!