WOOHOO!!!! Time to play with NEW Spring Mini products! This is one of the cards that my Spring Card Class will be doing next Monday, January 7th! Come join us if you are in the Columbus, Ohio area! We'll be doing 4 cards using NEW products from the Spring Mini…6:30 PM…see my events page for more information.
I used the sketch over on Splitcoaststampers today to start my card. I thought the layout was perfect for waves under my whale!
Here is my interpretation using the fun new set, Oh Whale! I love that it has the greetings in with the set…four different options with clever sayings like the "Whalecome"!
- The base of the card is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White folded in half.
- I added a Bashful Blue 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Bashful Blue and embossed with the new Cloudy Day folder.
- I added waves with the Tasteful Trim XL Die in Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy.
- A 1/2 x 4 1/4 strip of Whisper White is stamped with the "Whalecome" greeting in Primrose Petals ink.
- The whale is also stamped in Primrose Petals and cut with the Whale framelit die.
- The 1/8" Marina Mist bow is tied and applied with a Mini Glue Dot on the tale of the whale.
- I embossed a scrap piece of Whisper White with the Cloudy Day folder and cut out one set of the clouds, popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The waterspout is stamped with Not Quite Navy ink on the background.
- Finally, some Rhinestone Jewels across the bottom waves and for her little eye.
Isn't this sweet???? I love how it turned out. I'm SOOOO excited to be back in my stamp room today…it is all cleaned up and ready to play and work on Leadership swaps!
We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013 over on Create with Connie and Mary! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!