Today's Technostamper Lunchtime Sketch Challenge is just too fun not to try! Now, I did take a little creative license with the sketch…and you'll see what I mean. I let the Swallowtail stamp be the focus. I held classes this past weekend with this Swallowtail stamp…they got the stamp FREE when they signed up! So, here is one more idea for them to use with their stamp!
So, instead of the little element on the front, I cut out a portion of the Swallowtail and had that be the element. And, I knew right away I wanted to use Summer Starfruit, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for my color scheme. When we were at Niagara Falls, we went to the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory…I have never seen such gorgeous butterflies! Did you know it is considered good luck when they land on you? We had several land on our hair, shoulders…it was funny!
OK…here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Crumb Cake cardstock, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Very Vanilla, then stamped on it with the Swallowtail. I inked up the butterfly with Summer Starfruit Ink, then added Soft Suede around the edges and center just by touching the pad onto the rubber.
- I carefully cut out the left side of the butterfly, if you look closely you can see where I stopped. I left that piece of Very Vanilla attached, but added the 2 x 4 piece of Comfort Cafe Designer Paper along the left side.
- I punched a piece of Soft Suede cardstock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch and placed along the edge of the Designer Paper.
- I used a couple Stampin' Dimensionals to lift up the left side of the wing on top of the DSP.
- I added a couple pearls in the upper right corner.
- Then I stamped Thank You with Soft Suede ink on Soft Suede cardstock with the Bitty Banners stamp and cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits.
This is a really easy card, but love the pop of yellow and how the wing pops off the card! But it is still flat enough to mail (the Pearls will add extra postage…substitute a couple 1/4" circles instead!)
Swallowtail is one of the stamps we are featuring in Week 3 over on Create with Connie and Mary for the NEW Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition. We are using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs! We have THREE FREE Preview Projects over there for you to see what we are all about and to download the Project Sheets!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas with 18 stamp sets featured!
* Runs daily March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and DIRECTIONS!
* 24/7 access up to a year
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining Mary Brown and Connie Babbert!