I'm chuckling at this card today. Our friend has a 4th of July birthday, so I always try to make her a red/white/blue birthday card. For this one, the design could be either a sparkler or a birthday candle! And…I love the greeting in Yippee Skippie stamp set, "Carbs…schmarbs…Eat the Cake!" This is just SO her and part of the reason I purchased this stamp set!
I combined two challenges for this card. The SCS "Try a New Technique" (TLC436) is Twisted Traditions 2…using traditional colors for a non-traditional card. In my example, I'm using Red/White/Blue for a birthday card instead of a patriotic card! And as a bonus, I used a flower set in a non-traditional way! I also am following Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch (TCCS270).
Here are the details:
- The 4 1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock is folded in half to form the base card.
- I embossed a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White with the Mosaic Folder.
- I cut a 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper and adhered to the left side.
- I added a 1 x 4 piece of Island Indigo cardstock across the front, cut with a flag end.
- I used the Summer Silhouette's image and my Real Red and Island Indigo Markers to ink up the image and stamped on 1 1/2 x 5 Whisper White. I used the top of the flower and Crushed Curry Marker for the flame/sparkler. I layered that on Real Red cardstock and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals. There is also a Rhinestone Jewel just under the flame/sparkler.
- I stamped the greeting from Stampin' Up!'s Yippee Skippee with Real Red on a 1/2 x 3" piece of Whisper White, cut a flag end and added it on top of the Island Indigo strip.
Lots of fun, lots of sparkle…and I know she'll love it!!!
We are just starting Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013 with a theme of Vintage this week! But, you need to be a subscriber to see all the wonderful projects! Many of the projects, you'll be able to create in 2 hours or less…making them perfect for classes and camps! And we have lots of gift giving and home decor items, too! Join us…for only $24.95 US, you get 24 FABULOUS step-by-step PHOTO tutorials! That's just a little over $1 each! And, these projects use items from the main catalog…so they will be available to use for an ENTIRE YEAR!!! Check out Create with Connie and Mary now! Relax and let us design your classes this summer!