Today over on Create with Connie and Mary we are introducing our Guest Designer, Deb Currier, who has a FREE TUTORIAL for PREVIEW WEEK of our Winter Collection 2013. One week during the session each of the members of the Design Team will make a set of 4 cards from new Holiday stamp sets…that gives you 24 EXCLUSIVE card ideas that only subscribers will see! Use them individually or as a set in your classes! AND, make sure to check out our website to find WHERE to go to leave a comment for Blog Candy, a FREE subscription to Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection!
I was asked to do a 3D Make & Take for 30 people during a stamping retreat I attended back in September. I ended up using the Tag a Bag Gift Bag and decorated it with Joyful Christmas poinsettia! I decided to go with Pink Poinsettias for something a little different.
I wrapped the bag with a belly band design so it just slides off to get inside the bag without damaging the bag itself!
Here are the details:
- I cut a 2 x 11 piece of Cherry Cobbler and folded in half to form the base of the belly band. I secure the ends with Sticky Strip.
- I folded the bag down so the belly band would fit around it.
- I added a 1 x 5 1/2 strip of Season of Style Designer Paper down the front of the band.
- I stamped the Poinsettia from Joyful Christmas with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Pink Pirouette twice and cut out one full and one center from the Poinsettias. I stamped the leaf with Old Olive ink three times on Old Olive cardstock and cut out. They are layered together with Stampin' Dimensionals and placed on the Belly Band.
- I added a large Rhinestone Jewel to the center for some bling.
- Finally, I cut the word "Merry" from the Expressions Thinlits and Silver Glimmer Paper. Just the center portion is adhered to the belly band. TIP: Use wax paper between the paper and the framelit and run it thru 2-3 times to make sure it cuts well. If doing multiples, make sure the wax paper is popped out of the Thinlit each time so you get a nice clean cut.
Isn't it festive? I love how it turned out!
Again, make sure to check out Deb's card set over on Create with Connie and Mary! The set is WONDERFUL and now I can't wait to get that stamp set…mine should be here today! And…while you are there, check out how to sign up for our exclusive Winter Collection subscription! Early Bird savings ENDS on Saturday…you don't want to miss out! Get over 24 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials for only $24.95…just about $1 each! Let us design your classes for you during this busy holiday season!