Our Stampin Up Only challenge this time is using a Masculine Theme on our project. Hmmm…I've done a lot with Wetlands lately so didn't want to use it. AND, I wanted to challenge myself to use a "Christmas" set in a non-traditional way. So…I love the small deer in the Hostess set, Warmth & Wonder. I converted it into a card for my father-in-law's birthday later this week! I think it works, how about you?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Naturals White cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 5 x 3 3/4 layer of Chocolate Chip, embossed with the Pretty Prints folder.
- I LOVE the birch paper in the Tablescape Simply Created Kit, so cut a Deco Label from that DSP…so much texture in it!
- I added a 1 x 4 piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper across the center.
- I stamped the deer from Warmth & Wonder with Chocolate Chip ink on Naturals White, then embossed with the Oval Frame Embossing folder. I hand-cut it out. Then I used my Chocolate Chip marker to color the tops of the embossed dots around the oval.
- I stamped Happy Birthday from Express Yourself in Chocolate Chip on a 1/2" strip of Naturals cardstock, then cut flag ends.
I LOVE how this looks in person! I know my FIL will love it! Make sure to check out the rest of the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge Team over on SUO Challenges to see what they did with this challenge!