It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week’s theme is Christmas Gift Card Holders! I love giving a gift card or certificate in something special. This pocket holder for Stampin’ Up!’s gift certificates are my favorite to make! Of course, I’m using the Snow Friends framelits…even looks cute without the stamp set! I was inspired by a card that Janet Wakeland made using just the cut out snowman shape!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock and scored at 1-1/4 and 4-1/4. The corners are rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.
- A 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Merry Moments Designer Paper is adhered to the bottom portion under the flap.
- The pocket is formed by added Tear and Tape Adhesive to the insides and then adhering the flap to the front.
- The Cherry Cobbler piece is cut 2 x 4, then punched with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch and tied with some Silver Cording in a bow. It is added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, making sure not to adhere to the back of the pocket.
- A small Silver Metallic Doily is added to the front of the tag.
- The large snowman from Snow Friends Framelits was cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added to the tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Jolly from Christmas Greetings Thinlets was added on top of the snowman with Tombow Monoadhesive Glue.
- A green Home For Christmas Enamel Dot was placed on the top hat cut from Basic Black cardstock.
- Finally, the greeting from Embellished Ornaments was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the flap of the pocket.
I think my customers who buy gift certificates this month will LOVE this holder, don’t you?
OK…I’m excited to see what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team did this week with the Gift Card/Money holders! You can continue on your way by clicking on the NEXT button below and checking out the details of our DECEMBER Mini Session that opened this week at our Create with Connie and Mary website, then move on to Mary Brown’s website from there!
It’s not too late to join! Here’s a sneak peek of the projects we are doing…using a couple of the NEW Occasions Catalog sets! Don’t miss out! Here is a list of the sets we are using for the December session, great for your upcoming January, Valentine and Occasions classes:
- Bloomin’ Love Bundle 3D Project
- Going Global
- Timeless Love
- Wonderland (last minute gift packaging idea!)
- No Bones About It
- BONUS: Bloomin’ Love Card Set