Do you think it looks like a beehive? That’s what I’m hoping!
I used the bee from Shooting Star and some gold thread for the “flight of the bumblebee”. Here’s a closeup:
Want some details:
- The Cutie Pie Thinlet was cut from So Saffron cardstock.
- Before putting the box together, a pencil mark was placed along each side every 1″. I used a flower stem and Early Espresso Ink to make the ridges in the “hive”. Then adhere the box together.
- An Layering Oval was cut from Early Espresso Cardstock, then stamped in a crosshatch pattern with the same flower stem. The sides were cut off to make it more “square”.
- The bee from Shooting Star was stamped with Early Espresso and colored with Crushed Curry Marker. The Clear Wink of Stella was used for the wings and the Gold Wink of Stella for the body to give it little shimmer!
- A long strand of gold thread was wrapped around 3 fingers to make loops, then added to the back of the bee with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The You’re Sweet greeting from Shooting Star was stamped with Memento Black on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White, cut one side at an angle and adhered to the front of the box.
- Finally a bow was made from the Burlap Ribbon and added to the top of the box with Mini Glue Dots.
OK…next up is Mary Brown…check out her favorite small box or favor!