I made some of these Cookie Cutter Halloween and Spooky Fun favors for my grandson, Carter’s, preschool class. Plus, I tucked one of these in the little Halloween “goodie” bags I made for the two older grand kids filled with little toys and candy. I figured the two babies wouldn’t mind not getting treats this year since they are only a few weeks/months old. Inside was a packet of SweetTart Skulls & Bones. I did them in a matchbook favor style.
Here are the details:
- The base is 3 x 8, scored at 3-1/2 & 7-1/2. Staple the package of candy inside the tab area at the bottom.
- Inside, I also stamped some bats and spider web with Memento Black Ink.
- The Halloween Nights designer Paper was cut 2-3/4 x 3 and added to the front of the treat.
- The greeting “Here’s bootiful treat” was stamped with Memento Black on the DSP and a couple bats from Spooky Fun stamp set.
- A couple strips of retired Halloween Washi Tape was added to the background. (The new Halloween Washi Tape would work great…I just had forgotten to order any!)
- The skeleton from Cookie Cutter Halloween was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, watercolored lightly with Smoky Slate Marker and AquaPainter and the eyes colored with Daffodil Delight Marker. It was punched with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
- Some Black Thread was wrapped around in circles and added to the back of the skeleton with a Stampin’ Dimensional and then added to the front with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A small heart was punched with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch from Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper and added to the skeleton.
- Some Washi Tape was added to the bottom of the matchbook to hide the staple and help keep it tightly closed.
They are quite cute! I still have a few to hand out tonight to some special friends.