Over on Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions for All Occasions, we're just finishing up Week 1! We've shown 6 card sets, featuring stamps and accessories from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs. This Saturday, each of our Designers have made a matching 3D favor to go along with the stamp set they featured. As you can see, my featured set this week was For the Birds. Here's my favor! I saw something similar made for Valentine's, but I thought it would be cute to add the For the Birds image!
Can you tell what my Owl is made from?
If you said the Dresden Designs Bigz Die….you are RIGHT! Isn't it fun? I always love to get another idea from something I've purchased for one use. Here are the details…pretty simple to whip up a bunch of these!
- I cut the smaller Dresden Design from the Daffodil Delight Polka Dot Parade Designer Paper. I scored down about 2" from the small end, then cut the top into a point from the center to the fold mark and adhered it to the front.
- I made eyes with the 3/4" Circle Punch from Whisper White cardstock, then the irises with the Small Heart Punch and Marina Mist cardstock. The pupils I used the 1/8" Circle Punch with Basic Black cardstock. The eyes were popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the little bird in the nest with Black Stazon on scrap Whisper White and watercolored with my AquaPainter and the Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers. I cut it out and adhered to the front.
- I stamped thinking of you with Black Stazon and punched with the Word Window Punch and adhered to the front.
- Finally, I added a heart shaped Butterfinger candy to the front with Mini Glue Dots. You could also use the square Dove candies if you can't find heart shaped ones now!
TIP: You could turn this into a card pretty easily…just fold the card base in half where I have my score line before you run it thru the Big Shot.
Isn't it CUTE…and SIMPLE? And how fun that it matches the 4 card set I did for my Card "Create"tions project sheet! Combine all of the ideas to make a fun class…everything is already measured with directions! For only $19.95 US for over 72 card ideas, using 18 different sets…what a bargain! Here are some details:
We are JUST getting started over on Create with Connie and Mary for the NEW Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs! We have TWO FREE Preview Projects over there for you to see what we are all about and to download the Project Sheets! PLUS a bonus coordinating favor from the designers on Saturday that is shared on our blogs!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* Runs daily March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and DIRECTIONS!
* 24/7 access up to a year
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining Mary Brown and Connie Babbert!
Get more details and join the fun over on Create with Connie and Mary!