This week on Create with Connie and Mary we made Halloween Favors! I always LOVE making little favors…one of the things that got me originally started with Stampin’ Up! This one is altered from the new Takeout Box Thinlits!
- The little basket started with cutting out the Takeout Box from Night of Navy cardstock and assembling. The flaps with the slits in them were cut off.
- On the score line from the shorter side flaps, a slit was cut into each side to slide the 1/2 x 5-1/2 handle of Night of Navy, then the flaps adhered to the side of the box with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 3/4 x 3 piece of Neutrals DSP was added to the front of the box, then trimmed off even with the box.
- The greeting Spooky Sweets from Spooky Sweets stamp set was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on Very Vanilla and punched with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch.
- The clouds from Spooky Sweets were stamped off with Balmy Blue Ink and then sponged around the edges of the circle for my “blue moon”. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bats were punched from Silver Glimmer Paper with the Spooky Bats Punch and added with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Black Glitter Ribbon was tied in a bow on the handle.
- Add some candy and you are good to go!
Isn’t that a fun use of the Takeout Box Thinlits? I like creating different versions of them to get more uses! OK…continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Halloween Favor challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
This EXPANDED Ride With Me Collection is FULL of ideas using the Ride with Me stamp set and Truck Ride Dies and they are SOOOOO cute! In our Ride with Me Collection, you'll get EIGHT step-by-step tutorials...THREE unique card ideas, ONE home décor item (with three different looks!) and FOUR different truck favor ideas...one actually expands the size of the truck! See the details HERE!