Yes! It's time for the Tour de Freaks…brought to you every month from the Control Freak Swappers! This tour's theme this month is BIRTHDAYS! Yeah! Everyone has one of those, right? You've probably just come from Yvette Ashe's blog, weren't her projects wonderful? After visiting here, you can continue on your way by following the link at the bottom.
Here's what I've done this month! I used a masculine theme for my card and little favor box! Inside the favor is a few treats…plus, I plan to roll up a gift certificate for my dad…the place I get them still gives out the paper kind, so that will work perfectly!
Isn't that fun? I know my dad will love it! Here's a closeup of the card.
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Midnight Muse folded in half.
- I added a 3 3/4 by 5 piece of Very Vanilla that is embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder.
- I cut the Parker's Patterns Designer Paper with the Scallop Duo Die and added it to the right side.
- I punched a Decorative Label Punch from Midnight Muse and place it towards the left.
- The ties from Best Dad Ever were stamped three times with Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse and Early Espresso, then cut out (I used some on the favor, too). I adhered them to the Decorative Label Punch piece and added a Hung Up Cute Clip to the top for the ties to "hang" on.
- The top tie I pierced with the tool, then added a VIntage Trinket tie tack.
- I stamped Happy Birthday twice with Midnight Muse ink…once on Daffodil Delight and once on Very Vanilla, punched the Daffodil Delight with the Ticket Duo punch, then cut the Happy off the Very Vanilla and added it to the top.
The favor was SO fun to make! Can you tell what I used for the top sleeve portion? If you guessed the Clear Scallop Square Die…you are RIGHT! Since the top element with the ties is the same as I described above, I'll just give you the dimensions of the favor.
- Cut the Clear Scallop Die with Parker's Patterns Designer Paper. Score at 7/8, 1-1/2, 2-7/8 & 3-1/2. Fold and adhere just the tips of the scallops together to form the sleeve.
- Make the bottom to hold 3 Hershey Nuggets with a 2-1/4 x 5-3/4 piece of Midnight Muse cardstock. Score 1/2 each on all four sides. Cut slits from the narrow end to the score mark for the tabs. Adhere the tabs inside the box bottom.
- Wrap 1 x 3 pieces of designer paper around the Hershey Nuggets.
- Slide the box bottom inside the sleeve.
- Decorate the top same as the card above.
OK…so what do you think? I'm really happy with how it turned out!!! Makes a great little masculine gift!
So, continue on to Patty Bennett's blog for the next stop on the tour! Enjoy the birthday theme this month!