I recently participated in a Incentive Trip swap for the new catalog and I decided to use the fun, colorful Birthday Fiesta for my card!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Tempting Turquoise is embossed with the Festive Embossing Folder.
- Along the bottom is a 2 x 4 piece of Festive Birthday Designer Paper (LOVE that stripe pattern).
- The 1-1/2 x 5 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the greeting from Birthday Fiesta stamp set in Melon Mambo, then laid across the front at an angle and trimmed off.
- A 2″ Punched Circle of Crushed Curry is the “sun” behind the cactus.
- The cactus from Birthday Fiesta was stamped with Emerald Envy on scrap Whisper White and cut with the Fiesta Time Framelits. It is adhered on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the little sombrero, I used the triangle piece in the Framelits cut from Crumb Cake and stamped with the pattern in Birthday Fiesta and Melon Mambo Ink.
- The hat brim is one of the longer banner pieces from the Fiesta Time Framelits cut apart and adhered to the triangle. The Emerald Envy Marker was used to draw dots on the brim. It’s also popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Inside the festive banner was stamped with Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Emerald Envy along the bottom. The greeting was stamped with Tempting Turquoise Ink.
I really was SO happy with how this card turned out!!! Too, too cute!
Want to see some more really great cards and projects? We just opened the JULY MINI SESSION over on Create with Connie and Mary! It’s not too late to sign up! For only $8.95, you get 5 wonderful projects from our designers with step-by-step directions!
And, sign up for both July AND August and get a BONUS project that we know you will love!