The hostess only set, Bloom with Hope, is perfect for using Stampin’ Up!’s Blendabilities Markers. Since they are alcohol based, they are easy to blend colors together. I had this flower cut in the oval shape leftover from preparing for my Blends With Friends 101 class…learning the basics of coloring with Blendabilities. We didn’t do this card in our last class, but I love the Crushed Curry combined with the Back to Black Designer Paper! Hmmm, maybe I’ll do this layout for this month’s class with the new colors we’ll be using!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Crushed Curry, folded in half.
- I added a 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Back to Black Designer Paper down the front.
- I stamped the Bloom with Hope image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White, then colored with Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blendabilities Marker sets. I cut out the shape with the Oval Framelits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped Celebrate from the HOSTESS SPECIAL set called, Good Greetings, on Crushed Curry and cut the end diagonally. Host a qualifiying class or order to get this set FREE! Ask me for more details!
- Finally, I tied Linen Thread thru the Gold Button and tied a bow, then added it to the front with Mini Glue Dots. Then added a few Gold Sequins in the background for some added bling.
We are just starting Week 3 of our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We have done one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and last week and this week we will do Christmas! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!