OK…how many of you have played ALL day with the Brusho Crystals! Once you get started it is hard to put them away! But I knew they would be perfect for our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme…abstract backgrounds!
And…you know what is FUN about this card? ALL the pieces except for the base came from “starters” on my desk. You know…those bits and pieces of projects and images stamped, but not used? How exciting to turn them all into a cohesive card!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Grapefruit Grove cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White cardstock, Brusho Crystals of Yellow, Prussian Blue and Gamborge were added to a very wet background.
- A large Layering Shapes Circle was cut from Share What You Love DSP, and a smaller scallop circle from Grapefruit Grove cardstock. Both were adhered to the front.
- A Whisper White circle was cut with the Stitched Shapes Circle. Thank You from Love What You Do was inked with a Basic Black marker separately, then stamped.
- The flowers were stamped with Grapefruit Grove Ink on the circle and colored with the Petal Pink Marker. The centers were colored with Basic Black Marker. The circle was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was cut from the Share What You Love DSP and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That’s it! So glad to use up some of my “starters”, too! OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations by continuing on with the blog hop…they will have some wonderful ideas! Next up is our Create with Connie & Mary website and then Mary Brown and her creative design!
Use HOST CODE: KBB6QS2U
Send out some positive vibes and happy greetings with Stampin' Up!'s LIGHTING THE WAY STAMP SET AND LIGHTING THE WAY DIES! The stamped fireflies will glow with good wishes for anyone or any occasion on your creative projects. And the Lantern's light will show the way thru those warm summer adventures! We've combined the LIGHTING THE WAY BUNDLE with the REGENCY PARK DESIGNER PAPER for a unique fun-filled collection. Our LIGHTING THE WAY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a sweet home decor project perfect for someone setting off on a new adventure that you'll love to display! See more details HERE!
These rhinos will stomp their way into your heart with their cute expressions and fun accessories! The new online exclusive RHINO READY BUNDLE lets you create settings for your rhinos on cards, favors or other paper projects! And the open line stamp images allow you to create in any color your wish, plus add an adorable greeting! We've combined the RHINO READY BUNDLE with the BUTTERFLY WISHES DESIGNER PAPER for a bright and cheery collection! Our RHINO READY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a cute packaging idea that can be used for any occasion! See more details HERE!
Hop, hop, hop on over and grab our new EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION! The EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET is perfect to make projects for Easter, spring, baby, or other sweet occasions! Build a little scene with these fun elements and color away! We've combined the EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET with the FANCY FLORA DESIGNER PAPER for a springy pastel look. Our EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four cards and two fun favors that can be used for any occasion! See more details here!
Laura Holm says
Great card, Connie, and how cool that you used up extra pieces! Love the background! Beautiful colors! Thanks for the inspiration!