Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This month we have been featuring the retiring In Colors and Blackberry Bliss is up this week!
I used some more of the Farmer’s Market Designer Paper for the background of my card, I love the Blackberry Bliss check! And, I used the Apple of My Eye Stamp Set to make up some plums for the front…they almost look real, don’t they?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Blackberry Bliss, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Farmer’s Market DSP in the Blackberry Bliss checked pattern.
- Thank You from Apple of My Eye stamp set was stamped on the 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 Very Vanilla and then layered on the 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Old Olive cardstock.
- The “plum” from Apple of My Eye was inked up with Cherry Cobbler Ink, then using a sponge dauber to add Blackberry Bliss Ink to the edges of the plums. They were cut out by hand.
- The leaves were inked with Old Olive then Mossy Meadow was added to the edges with the sponge dauber, and hand cut.
- Before adhering the plums to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, loops of Gold Metallic Thread were added behind the plums for a bit of glimmer.
- Finally, three Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots were added to the right side of the Very Vanilla strip for a little bling.
Stamps: Apple of My Eye
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Accessories: Farmer’s Market DSP, Regals Candy Dots, Gold Metallic Thread, Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Dimensionals
OK, next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our April Mini Session…it’s not too late to join! Then continue on around the blog hop to Mary’s blog to see her Blackberry Bliss card…or go backwards for Melissa’s!