Woohoo, it’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week’s theme is a color challenge…Gold/White/Any Color! I chose Crumb Cake…a neutral for my “any color” as I thought it went well with the Gold & White. I pulled out a lot of different “gold” elements for this card…was kind of fun mixing and matching them!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- At the bottom, Noel was inked with Versamark, then embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The large swirl from Swirly Scribbles Framelits was cut from Gold Metallic Cardstock and added to the top.
- Several pine branches from Pretty Pines Thinlets were cut from Whisper White and added to the bottom of the “wreath”.
- The solid pinecone backs were cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and the lacy tops from Gold Metallic Cardstock, and adhered together with Tombow Multipurpose Glue, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A length of Gold Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the top of the pine cones.
- Since I thought the background was too plain, I added some splatter from my Gold Wink of Stella by tapping it against a pen. Love just the touch of glimmer it adds to the background!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team to see what they did with the color challenge of Gold/White/Any color this week!
Next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website so you can find out more about our December Mini Session that starts TOMORROW! We’re featuring products from the Occasions and Sale-A-Brations catalogs! And…check out the HOLIDAY BLOG CANDY we are offering…free subscriptions!