This week on Create with Connie and Mary we are saying HELLO TO FALL for our Saturday Blog Hop! Lots of great stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog that represent fall…and a few surprises! I used the leaf vein in Falling for Leaves and the Framelit to make the petals of my Sunflower! Isn’t that FUN and makes that stamp set even more of a bargain since you could make flowers for ANY season with it!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Along the bottom is a 1-1/2 x 5-1/2 piece of Country Lane Designer Paper.
- The 3-1/2 x 4 piece of Galvanized Metallic Paper is embossed with the Corrugated Embossing Folder and then layered on a 3-3/4 x 4-1/4 piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock. It is added to the base card towards the right side.
- The sunflower petals were stamped with the “vein” leaf image in Falling for Leaves Stamp Set with Early Espresso Ink on Crushed Curry cardstock for 17 petals. They were cut with the Detailed Leaves Framelit.
- Two 1-3/4″ circles were punched from Early Espresso cardstock and embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder.
- The petals were added to the bottom circle, then the top piece added on top, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Faceted Gem was added to the circle.
- Thankful from Falling for Leaves was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on 3/4 x 2-1/2 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, the end was cut in a point, and the other end tucked under the petals. It is popped up with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
To me, the Galvanized Metallic Background just really sets off that sunflower and says “HELLO to FALL!” OK…continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Hello to Fall challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!