This month Create with Connie and Mary is featuring “music in the 90s” themes!!! One of the songs I remember hearing a LOT was “I Believe I Can Fly”…can you hear it in your mind now? So, our Design Team was challenge with cards that have birds, bugs or other flying elements! So…I went with BUTTERFLIES! Did you know there is a butterfly in the Pop of Petals stamp set?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Brights Designer Paper was added to the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Gorgeous Grape cardstock.
- The butterflies were stamped with Memento Black three times across the front of the 2 x 5-1/4 strip of Whisper White, then the “flowers” were stamped with Pineapple Punch, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green, then punched with the Four Petal Punch and adhere on top of the butterflies.
- A string of 4 small pearls were placed down the center of the butterflies for their bodies.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Basic Black Cardstock was adhered under the Whisper White cardstock, then added to the front of the card.
- It’s Your Day from Happy Birthday Gorgeous was stamped with Memento Black Ink across the top right corner.
LOVE the bright colors of my butterflies! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations and THEIR “I Believe I Can Fly” card by continuing on with the blog hop…they will have some wonderful ideas! Next up is our Create with Connie & Mary website and then Mary Brown and her creative design!