It’s Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! This month we are featuring special folds on our cards and I choose the wonderful Joy Fold! I love the look and uniqueness it gives to cards! You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog…didn’t you love her card?
So…here’s the outside of mine. I’ve used the English Garden Designer Paper…love all the patterns in this pack…along with Garden in Bloom stamp set.
And here’s the inside. Since there were a lot of patterns on the outside, I kept the inside pretty simple!
Here are the details. There are two basic panels that make the card fold together.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 of Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2.
- The inside base is 3 x 8 of Hello Honey cardstock, scored at 4 and the folds placed opposite of each other.
- Inside the larger base panel is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of the Mossy Meadow polka dot pattern from English Garden. On the outside of the larger base panel flap is a 2-3/4 x 4 piece of Crumb Cake striped patterned DSP.
- On the outside of the smaller base panel is a 2-3/4 x 4 piece of the yellow floral pattern. On top is a 1 x 4 strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock, using the new Banner Triple punch on the end and stamped with Fabulous Four stamp set in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Tip Top Taupe 1″ Lace Ribbon is wrapped around the top flap and tied.
- The bee was stamped with Tuxedo Black and the body with Hello Honey ink, then punched with the 1-1/4 Circle Punch and layered on a 1-3/8 Circle Punch of Mossy Meadow. It is placed on the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional so that the top fold goes under it to hold the front closed.
- Inside the smaller base, the large flower from Garden in Bloom was stamped with Hello Honey Ink and the outside with Mossy Meadow Ink. A second flower was stamped on scrap Whisper White, then added over the first flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The leaves were added by stamping off with the Mossy Meadow ink for the insides and full-strength on the outside.
OK…next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website with a reminder about the Create with Connie and Mary LIVE Event! We hope to see you there!