Happy Saturday! This week on Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop we are moving into the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration items and showing off our musical theme inspirations for the next few weeks! This week our theme song is “Love Me Tender” by Elvis Presley, featuring romantic cards! I had bits and pieces of this card laying on my desk and challenged myself to make a card with them!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 piece of regular Very Vanilla cardstock is embossed with the Lace Textured Embossing Folder and added to the base card.
- A top 2 x 4 piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock was cut with the Lovely Flowers Edgelit DIes.
- The bottom 3/4 x 4 piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock was cut with the border scallop from Be Mine Stitched Framelits. (I think these two sets are so wonderful together that I’ve combined them a lot!)
- You are Loved from Forever Lovely was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, then punched with the Pretty Label Punch. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two flowers from Forever Lovely were stamped with Lovely Lipstick Ink on Very Vanilla and cut with the Lovely Flowers Edgelits. The leaves were stamped with Garden Green Ink and also cut with the Edgelits, then tucked under the popped up flowers.
I love all the texture on here and I’m sure my hubby will love it…even those it has flowers on it! OK…what did the rest of the Design Team do with the “Love Me Tender” theme blog hop challenge? Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!