It’s Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! The past few weeks we have been featuring the new In Colors! Aren’t they SOOOOO pretty? I love them all! This week it is Sweet Sugarplum’s time to be featured!
I had this image already stamped and sitting on my desk from a class I did this week. I decided to finish it up into a new card with Sweet Sugarplum to fit this week’s theme! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sweet Sugarplum cardstock, folded in half and rounded the bottom corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.
- On top is a 2 x 5-1/2 piece of Blooms & Bliss Designer Paper across the center.
- On top is a 4 x 4 piece of Whisper White stamped with the Sitting Here stamp set swing in Basic Black Archival Ink. It is watercolored with Chocolate Chip Marker. The cushion of the swing is colored in stripes of Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum.
- The leaves from Sheltering Tree were stamped with Old Olive Ink along the top of the Whisper White, then the corners were rounded with the Corner Punch.
- The pillow is stamped with Sweet Sugarplum Ink on Sweet Sugarplum cardstock, then cut out. The cat is stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White, colored with Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake (like my cat, Bleach!), then cut out and placed on the cushion. The cardinal is stamped on the back of the swing with Memento Black Ink and colored with Real Red Marker.
- A piece of Sweet Sugarplum ruffled ribbon is tied in a knot and added to the swing with a Mini Glue Dot!
OK…continue on to Mary’s blog to see what she did with the Sweet Sugarplum color this week, or you can reverse to see Melissa’s creation!