Woohoo! It's time for the first Create with Connie and Mary's Summer Collection 2013 challenge! We are challenging everyone to use this sketch and come up with their own creation. Those who participate will be entered into a drawing for a FREE subscription to the NEXT Create with Connie and Mary Collection! ANYONE can win!
It's not too late to join! We are just at the end of Week 1, you can access all the previous projects from this week of Flowers and Nature sets, PLUS be the first to see the new ones coming up! We are getting ready to start our VINTAGE theme week. A little bit of something for everyone! Join us today…for $24.95 US and over 24 step-by-step photo tutorials…just a little over $1 each…what do you have to lose? Check out Create with Connie and Mary for details!
Here is the sketch we used:
And here is my design…I went with a "less is more" theory on this one!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 of Strawberry Slush (YUMMY!), folded in half.
- I added a 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 piece of Island Indigo check from Garden Gingham Designer Paper in the background.
- Then I added a 1 x 4 1/4 piece of green plaid from the same package across the front.
- I used the Too Kind Stamp Set and stamped the stems in Pear Pizzazz on Whisper White, then added the flower tops by stamping off the background flower image with Strawberry Slush, then applied the two-step front image full strength Strawberry Slush. I cut it with the new Decor Label Framelit.
- I added the greeting stamped on a 3/4 x 4" piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and stamped in Strawberry Slush ink. I cut the flag end.
- Finally, I added a Melon Mambo button tied with White Baker's Twine for some added bling.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary! Lots of great ideas using this sketch! And…while you are there…sign up to JOIN US!!! You'll be glad you did! We are using products from the new catalog and these ideas will be good for ONE WHOLE YEAR or longer!!!