It's Thursday and time for Create with Connie and Mary's Challenge! We have a beautiful color challenge for you today…perfect for Valentine's, so that is what I did! We are in the middle of Week 1 for the Spring Edition 2013 and our designers are showing off LOTS of fun projects! Why don't you join us? At a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step tutorials…that's just a little over $1 each! We are featuring products in the Spring Mini and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Our website stays up over a year, so you can refer back to them 24/7!
Here's my card using the color challenge this week. Love that Hearts a Flutter bundle…stamps and framelits! There are some subtle details on this card, so you need to look close!
Here are the details!
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 of Raspberry Ripple, folded in half.
- The Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4 layer has been partially embossed with the Chevron Folder, I left a top portion un-embossed for the greeting.
- Be My Valentine from Delightful Dozen was stamped in Lucky Limeade and I added a Small Heart Punch of Raspberry Ripple with a rhinestone jewel.
- I stamped a 1 x 4 strip of Lucky Limeade with Lucky Limeade ink, using the pennant shape in the Hearts a Flutter stamp set…I liked how it gave me a striped pattern without using DSP!
- The small hearts were stamped in Pink Pirouette and Raspberry Ripple, cut with the heart framelit, then scattered along the Lucky Limeade strip. I popped up a couple of them with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I tucked the larger scallop heart stamped with Raspberry Ripple and cut with the framelit, added a smaller solid heart inside and added another rhinestone jewel. It is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, too!
Made for a sweet little Valentine card!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see their interpretation of the Color Challenge! And…sign up for the Spring Edition 2013 of Create with Connie and Mary while you are there!!! You'll be glad you did!