It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! It’s a pretty color combination this time! Makes me think of flowers and spring! Yesterday actually seemed “balmy” and the high was only in the low 20s! But after the freezing sub zero weather we’ve had it felt pretty good!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Rose Red, folded in half.
- Blackberry Bliss layer was cut 3 3/4 x 5.
- On the 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 layer of Whisper White, the medallion strip in Because You Care Hostess set was stamped across the bottom and right side with Blushing Bride Ink.
- Happy Birthday from the same stamp set was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink.
- The Petal Potpourri doily flower was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Rose Red cardstock and punched with the Flower Medallion punch. It was stamped again with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Blushing Bride, then punched with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch and placed in the center of the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and rhinestone added to the center, plus some around the greeting.
- Finally, a scrap of Blushing Bride Chevron Ribbon was cut with flag ends, then folded in half and adhered under the flower.
I think it really is a pretty card in person! I like how the center of the flower almost looks like a Spirograph (anyone else used to have one of those?) Make sure to stop over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week! Then grab your stamps and play along! Don’t forget…we also have a call for new Challenge Team members out…last day to apply is Saturday!