It's Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge…it's a sketch! When Mary first showed me this design, I thought…oh no! A bunch of little images! But…really, you will be INSPIRED by the cards made by our Challenge Team! I wish I'd have thought of half of them before doing my card!
But, actually, I do like my card, too! I thought the large image of Wildflower Meadow would be fun to cut up and use in panels like the sketch shows.
Do you like? I received a swap card with that ribbon treatment behind the greeting and LOVED it. Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Strawberry Slush, folded in half.
- I embossed the Pistachio Pudding panel of cardstock with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I inked up the Wildflower Meadow image with Pistachio Pudding ink, then removed the color from the flower heads with my Blender Pen and used Daffodil Delight and Strawberry Slush markers to re-color them.
- On the hummingbird, I did a combination of Soft Suede, Pistachio Pudding and Daffodil Delight markers to make it pop out a little more.
- After I stamped it on the 2 1/4 x 5 panel of Whisper White, I went back and enhanced the flowers again with the markers to give them a deeper color. Then I cut the panels in half at 1 1/8, then cut 1" pieces off the top of one strip and the bottom of the other strip. I allowed a little gap in between the panels when I placed them on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Label Love was stamped with Soft Suede on Whisper White and punched with the Artisan Label Punch. Under the top and bottom, I adhered small pieces of Strawberry Slush Ruffled Ribbon. That is added to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals, too.
I really like how this turned out…but you MUST go check out the other ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary. Such fun ones from our Challenge Team! Then grab your stamps and play along! Oh…and did you notice? We have our FALL look up on our blog!
It is time for EARLY BIRD SPECIAL on our wonderful FALL COLLECTION featuring the NEW HOLIDAY and regular Stampin' Up! CATALOG!!!! Only $19.95 US…a $5 savings off the regular $24.95 US price!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 24 incredible projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!