Oh, we have a FUN and DIFFERENT challenge for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Are you ready? Do you think you can do it? I do!!! Grab your stamps and play along with us! Our challenge is to combine this sketch with a POCKET card! I love making pocket cards…so easy to also slip in a gift card with it!
And here is my pocket card. Can you tell what I used for the base of the pocket? It's the new ENVELOPE LINER Framelit! Made it SOOOO easy! All I did is fold my cardstock in half before I cut it with the Envelope Liner Framelit, then folded one of the tops down to the front and added Sticky Strip along the sides! QUICK and easy! And you thought you didn't NEED that envelope liner…lol!
Here is the inside. I added a Magnificent Maple leaf inside.
So…want the details? Here you go!
- I cut 5 1/2 x 11 piece of Soft Sky cardstock and folded it in half. I used the Medium Envelope Liner and placed the folded edge just above the bottom cutting edge of the Framelit, then ran it thru the Big Shot.
- I scored the top just at the base of the flap, then added Sticky Strip to the sides and closed the pocket.
- I cut the piece of Sweater Weather Designer Paper to fit the front, then trimmed off the sides that taper. I also cut a piece of coordinating Sweater Weather DSP for the banner.
- I stamped Thanks image from Harvest of Thanks twice on Naturals White, once in Soft Sky and once with Chocolate Chip, then cut out the center portion of Soft Sky and layered over the Chocolate Chip. It is cut with the Apothecary Accent and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Inside I cut a piece Naturals White 3 3/4 x 5 and added a 3/4" strip of Sweater Weather DSP across the top. I inked the Magnificent Maple image with Crushed Curry (and used a sponge dauber to add some Chocolate Chip), then stamped.
- I also stamped the Gratitude greeting with Chocolate Chip and cut it out, then placed it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- At the top I made a pull-out tab from the Apothecary Accent cut from Crushed Curry cardstock. On it I placed a lollipop ribbon flower made with the Crochet Trim and a Natural Button in the center.
So, make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team and see what they did! There are some fun cards and lots of different ideas on making pocket cards over on Create with Connie and Mary.
We are working in Week 2 and our FALL projects with our wonderful Create with Connie and Mary FALL COLLECTION subscription featuring the HOLIDAY and MAIN Stampin' Up! catalogs!!!! Only $24.95 US, that's just $1 a project with full step-by-step PHOTO tutorials!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24 to see what we're all about! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!