It's time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge…we have a color challenge this week! Since I just didn't feel like making another fall card today, I thought I'd pull out another set. Since this color combo had Crushed Curry in it, I thought of stars…and used Simply Stars stamp set!
Today's card is very clean and simple, but I love the color and the layout of it! I find that I am using a lot of the Designer Paper Packs. Since they are by color collections, I can always coordinate the colors together. This one used a couple scraps that were already on my desk.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half to make the base card. I embossed the front with Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I added a 2 x 5 piece of Bermuda Bay Chevron Designer Paper Stack along the right side.
- I crossed the card with a 1 x 4 1/4 piece of Crushed Curry Designer Paper Stack, then added a tiny strip of Cajun Craze cardstock.
- I cut a 1 3/4 x 2 1/2 piece of Crushed Curry cardstock and stamped the birthday greeting from Yippee Skippee on it with Black Stazon ink, then placed it on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the large star with Cajun Craze on Whisper White and cut it out, then placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals and added a Bermuda Bay Candy Dot in the center.
Really, I tried adding more elements, but finally decided that less was definitely more in this case!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week over on Create with Connie and Mary and see the wonderful cards they have made! Then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see how you are inspired!